Margaret Ellen Clifford collection
Collection Scope and Content
This collection includes photographs, playbills, correspondence, ephemera from travels, school papers, and a published play (in Vassar Review).
- Clifford, Margaret Ellen (Person)
Collection is open for research.
For permission to reproduce or publish, please contact the Curator of the Maine Women Writers Collection.
Margaret Ellen Clifford attended the Briarcliff School for Girls at Briarcliff Manor, New York. She attended Vassar College and graduated in 1929. She studied theater in school and was involved in the production of several school plays. She also acted in "Broadway," a production by the Portland Dramatic Guild in 1933. Clifford wrote several short stories, poems, and plays as well.
.5 linear feet (51 folders)
Language of Materials
This collection is organized into five series: 1. Writings; 2. Theater - Production Notes, Sketches, and Ephemera; 3. Correspondence; 4. Travel Ephemera; and 5. Photographs.
- American poetry -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clifford, Margaret Ellen
- Correspondence Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Ephemera Subject Source: Library of Congress Genre/Form Terms
- Estonia Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Playbills Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Russia Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Vassar College
- Guide to the Margaret Ellen Clifford collection, 1928-1934
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description