Dorothy Cole collection
Collection Scope and Content
This collection contains correspondence to Dorothy Healy and four bell catalogs of the Cole Museum - Taps, twisters and twirlers; Bells that do not ring; The museum home of Dorothy and Robert Cole...mecca in Maine; and Door-bells.
- Cole, Dorothy (Person)
Collection is open for research.
For permission to reproduce or publish, please contact the Curator of the Maine Women Writers Collection.
Dorothy Cole was born in 1910. She and husband Robert lived on a dairy farm and part of their home housed a large collection of bells and other historical items. Cole wrote a number of articles for The bell tower, the official publication of the American Bell Association.
Language of Materials
This collection is organized as a single series.
- Bells Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Biddeford (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cole Museum (Biddeford, Me.)
- Cole, Dorothy
- Correspondence Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Doorbells Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Exhibition catalogs Subject Source: Library of Congress Genre/Form Terms
- Guide to the Dorothy Cole collection, 1977-1981
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Maine Women Writers Collection Repository
University of New England
716 Stevens Avenue
Portland Maine 04103 United States