Flora McGlauflin Searles collection
Collection Scope and Content
This collection includes correspondence from Barbara Schmidt (a grand-niece) to the Maine Women Writers Collection and a photograph.
- Searles, Flora M. (Person)
Collection is open for research.
For permission to reproduce or publish, please contact the Curator of the Maine Women Writers Collection.
Born in Presque Isle, Maine in 1870, Flora McGlauflin taught school in Brownville, Maine and met her husband (Alfred Searles) there. She published poems and stories in a paper titled The Contributor and sold one poem The Old Man's Soliloquy in booklet form in 1900. Her book The Scarlet Ribbon was published in 1900. She died in 1925.
Language of Materials
This collection is organized as a single series. Arranged by subject.
- American poetry -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Presque Isle (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Searles, Flora M.
- Guide to the Flora McGlauflin Searles collection, 1967
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description