Gary W. Woolson collection
Collection Scope and Content
Correspondence between Gary W. Woolson, a Bangor, Maine, used book seller, and various Maine women authors and others, including Marie Donahue, Rose Ricker, Pat Lewis and MWWC curator Dorothy Healy. Many of the items he bought and sold were to do with Maine history. Also included are publication announcements of Maine titles, an inventory of books from the library of Harriet Prescott Spofford (1974) and a chapbook published by Woolson entitled "Bangor in 1835--A Letter written by Olive Field." Clippings of book reviews, obituaries and articles about Maine authors are included.
- circa 1948-2010
- Woolson, Gary W. (Gary Wayne), 1937- (Person)
- Healy, Dorothy, 1914-1990 (Person)
Collection is open for research.
For permission to reproduce or publish, please contact the Curator of the Maine Women Writers Collection.
Language of Materials
This collection is organized as a single series.
- Antiquarian booksellers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bangor (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Correspondence Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Promotional materials Subject Source: Library of Congress Genre/Form Terms
- Woolson, Gary W. (Gary Wayne), 1937-
- Guide to the Gary W. Woolson collection, circa 1948-2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Maine Women Writers Collection Repository
University of New England
716 Stevens Avenue
Portland Maine 04103 United States