Hazel Wilson collection
Collection Scope and Content
This collection contains photographs, interviews and reviews, and her son's memorial tribute.
- Wilson, Hazel Hutchins, 1898-1992 (Person)
Collection is open for research.
For permission to reproduce or publish, please contact the Curator of the Maine Women Writers Collection.
Hazel Hutchins Wilson was born in 1898 in Portland, Maine to Fred Linwood and Emma Hutchins. She attended Bates College and went on to study library science at Simmons College. She worked in libraries in Missouri, Massachusetts, Colorado and Paris, France. She married Jerome Wilson in 1930 and they lived in the Washington, D.C. area for the remainder of their lives. Wilson wrote a number of books for children, as well as some biographies. She also taught writing classes for children and was a lecturer at a number of events. Wilson passed away in 1992 in Bethesda, Maryland.
Language of Materials
This collection is organized as a single series.
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Facsimiles Subject Source: Library of Congress Genre/Form Terms
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Portland (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wilson, Hazel Hutchins, 1898-1992
- Guide to the Hazel Wilson collection, 1950-1992
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description