Alex Sax collection
Collection Scope and Content
This collection consists of postcards and a booklet documenting Sax's art installation entitled "The Cobweb Club," exhibited at the Portland Museum of Art as part of "New Natural History: An Exhibition of Work by Maine Contemporary Artists." Sax's installation drew from the "The Annals of The Cobweb Club," a record kept by Margaret Jane Mussey Sweat who founded the group of women for the purpose of shared intellectual discourse and inquiry. The volume is contained in the Margaret Jane Mussey Sweat collection held at the MWWC.
- Sax, Alex (Person)
Collection is open for research.
For permission to reproduce or publish, please contact the Curator of the Maine Women Writers Collection.
Language of Materials
This collection is organized as a single series.
- Pamphlets Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Postcards Subject Source: Library of Congress Genre/Form Terms
- Sax, Alex
- Sweat, Margaret J. M. (Margaret Jane Mussey), 1823-1908
- Guide to the Alex Sax collection, 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description