Polly Kapteyn Brown collection
Collection Scope and Content
This collection includes an exhibit catalog, two unpublished typescripts, a photo and biographical information.
- Brown, Polly Kapteyn, -1983 (Person)
Collection is open for research.
For permission to reproduce or publish, please contact the Curator of the Maine Women Writers Collection.
Born in 1927 on Long Island, New York, Polly Kapteyn Brown was a graduate of Hartford Art School and had a graduate degree from the Episcopal Divinity School, Cambridge. She taught at the Portland School of Art and helped found Concept, an alternative art school in Portland, in the 1960s. She died in 1983.
Language of Materials
This collection is organized as a single series.
- Art, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Brown, Polly Kapteyn, -1983
- Exhibition catalogs Subject Source: Library of Congress Genre/Form Terms
- Joan Whitney Payson Gallery of Art
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Portland (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Typescripts Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Guide to the Polly Kapteyn Brown collection, 1983-1993
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description