Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
This collection contains samples of Howard's literary work in manuscript form, biographical information, correspondence, business papers with her publishers, and estate documents. Some items are in German.
This collection includes drafts and publication material relating to Ipcar's 1990 collection of fantasy short stories, The Nightmare and Her Foal. Also in the collection are articles and essays by and about the author (including a draft of her autobiography for the Gale Dictionary of Literary Biography), art exhibit catalogs, and notecards designed and signed by Ipcar. There are also several original works of art by Ipcar.
Includes portrait and essay.
This collection contains a small number of reviews and articles (photocopies) about the author and her writings about Maine; also one photo which is a reproduction. There is a reprint of an extract from her 1889 journal, edited by Benton L. Hatch and also a personal letter from him to its recipient, tucked into the reprint.
This collection consists of the author's pieces published in late 19th and early 20th centuries magazines, biographical material, a pencil sketch of Spofford, and research about Spofford by scholars. Approximately one dozen periodicals containing over 40 of the author's works are housed in the periodical collection. Approximately two dozen books from the author's personal library, listed in folder 009, are also available.
This collection contains photographs, interviews and reviews, and her son's memorial tribute.
This collection contains a photograph of Stafford and a photocopy of a newspaper clipping.
The collection consists of Hawkins's official US Navy discharge papers and ephemera, Navy literature, a few documents related to Hawkins's speciality while serving, and a photograph (scan reproduction) of her in uniform.
Includes correspondence, manuscripts, biographical material and articles.
- Clippings 16
- Correspondence 12
- Ephemera 10
- Manuscripts 8
- Obituaries 6
- Portland (Me.) 6
- American poetry -- 20th century 5
- Typescripts 5
- Diaries 3
- Genealogy 3
- Promotional materials 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Book jackets 2
- Broadsides 2
- Children's literature, American 2
- Exhibition catalogs 2
- Greeting cards 2
- Maps 2 ∧ less
- Bates College (Lewiston, Me.) 1
- Cobweb Club (Portland, Me.) 1
- Deborah Morton Society (University of New England) 1
- Eckstorm, Fannie Hardy, 1865-1946 1
- Fern, Fanny, 1811-1872 1
- Foster, Elizabeth, 1905-1963 1
- Hatch, Benton L. (Benton Le Roy), 1913-1988 1
- Hawkins, Ruth Elaine 1
- Houghton Library 1
- Howard, Blanche Willis, 1847-1898 1
- Ipcar, Dahlov, 1917-2017 1
- Jewett, Sarah Orne, 1849-1909 1
- Lawless, Gary 1
- Millay, Edna St. Vincent, 1892-1950 1
- Montagu, Ashley, 1905-1999 1
- Moulton, Louise Chandler, 1835-1908 1
- National Geographic Society (U.S.) 1
- Ogilvie, Elisabeth, 1917-2006 1
- Peary, Josephine Diebitsch, 1863-1955 1
- Peary, Marie Ahnighito, 1893-1978 1 ∧ less