Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 405
The A. Carman Clark Papers contain diverse material types: diary/journals covering 30 years; manuscript, draft and printed columns, articles and books; research files composed of clippings, notes, and correspondence; extensive correspondence; information on memberships, awards, teaching and conferences; and memorabilia including photographs, school papers and her typewriter. Audiovisual materials and books have been removed to their respective general collections.
The letters from Burnell to her mother are handwritten in phonetic English with many traditional misspellings. In most cases, a typed transcription including the misspelled words accompanies the letter. The topics of the letters include visits from neighbors, the importance of rest, chopping firewood, and how difficult it is to write when tired.
This collection includes two letters and a photograph.
This collection includes biographical notes, correspondence, news clippings, and typescripts.
This collection includes family correspondence, postcards, property deeds, Pinkham family genealogy and a photograph of the Beede home.
Includes correspondence with MWWC, lecture and articles.
This collection includes biographical info, full issues of Letter Magazine 1943-47, and articles and booklets.
This collection includes articles written about Adelyn Bushnell.
Contains an obituary.
Includes book publicity and speeches.
The collection includes an obituary, articles, photographs, a resume and a copy of a booklet authored by Ashley entitled The Monhegan ice pond. There is also a small amount of material relating to Monhegan Island.
This collection consists of clippings from the Herald of Freedom anti-slavery newspaper and a tax receipt.
Includes reviews, publicity, interviews, and workshop publicity
Includes published poetry and articles.
Includes original correspondence.
The majority of the collection material consists of Stephens' published works in periodicals of her time, including an 1859 open letter to Victor Hugo. Also included are one manuscript poem, a bibliography of her published pieces in The Ladies Companion, 1838-1839, and a piece combining biographical information and literary criticism of Ann Stephens written in 1880.
Includes correspondence and an article.
This collection includes the manuscript of "Music and Musicians of Maine," 23 holograph pages.
Includes review and "Reading for Pleasure" book list.
This collection includes articles, correspondence, and performance publicity.
This collection consists of a program for Finch's 2011 production of her play "Wolf Song" through the Poets Theater of Maine.
- Repository: Maine Women Writers Collection X
- Correspondence 204
- Clippings 186
- Photographs 119
- American poetry -- 20th century 98
- Ephemera 85
- Manuscripts 67
- Portland (Me.) 64
- Typescripts 57
- Obituaries 53
- Facsimiles 36
- Diaries 34
- Promotional materials 28
- Scrapbooks 28
- Maine 25
- Postcards 23
- Children's literature, American 20
- Pamphlets 18
- American poetry -- 19th century 14
- Negatives 14
- Exhibition catalogs 13 + ∧ less
- Jewett, Sarah Orne, 1849-1909 9
- Sarton, May, 1912-1995 9
- Healy, Dorothy, 1914-1990 5
- Wiggin, Kate Douglas Smith, 1856-1923 5
- Coatsworth, Elizabeth, 1893-1986 4
- Deborah Morton Society (University of New England) 4
- Millay, Edna St. Vincent, 1892-1950 4
- Sweat, Margaret J. M. (Margaret Jane Mussey), 1823-1908 4
- Thaxter, Celia, 1835-1894 4
- Barnes, Kate, 1932-2013 3
- Bowdoin College 3
- Carroll, Gladys Hasty, 1904-1999 3
- Carson, Rachel, 1907-1964 3
- Chase, Mary Ellen, 1887-1973 3
- Chute, Carolyn 3
- Gilman, Charlotte Perkins, 1860-1935 3
- Ipcar, Dahlov, 1917-2017 3
- Peary, Marie Ahnighito, 1893-1978 3
- Reyher, Rebecca Hourwich, 1897-1987 3
- Smith, Margaret Chase, 1897-1995 3 + ∧ less