Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 513
A. Carman Clark papers
The A. Carman Clark Papers contain diverse material types: diary/journals covering 30 years; manuscript, draft and printed columns, articles and books; research files composed of clippings, notes, and correspondence; extensive correspondence; information on memberships, awards, teaching and conferences; and memorabilia including photographs, school papers and her typewriter. Audiovisual materials and books have been removed to their respective general collections.
Abagail Burnell letters
The letters from Burnell to her mother are handwritten in phonetic English with many traditional misspellings. In most cases, a typed transcription including the misspelled words accompanies the letter. The topics of the letters include visits from neighbors, the importance of rest, chopping firewood, and how difficult it is to write when tired.
Abba Goold Woolson collection
This collection includes two letters and a photograph.
Abbie Bartlett Shapleigh correspondence
Abbie Huston Evans collection
This collection includes biographical notes, correspondence, news clippings, and typescripts.
Abbie S. Beede papers
This collection includes family correspondence, postcards, property deeds, Pinkham family genealogy and a photograph of the Beede home.
Abbie Sewall collection
Includes correspondence with MWWC, lecture and articles.
Ada Pierce McCormick collection
This collection includes biographical info, full issues of Letter Magazine 1943-47, and articles and booklets.
Adelyn Bushnell collection
This collection includes articles written about Adelyn Bushnell.
Alex Sax collection
Alice Mariett collection
Alice Parkman collection
Alicia Kaye Smith collection
Contains an obituary.
Alnah James Johnston collection
Includes book publicity and speeches.
Alta Ashley collection
The collection includes an obituary, articles, photographs, a resume and a copy of a booklet authored by Ashley entitled The Monhegan ice pond. There is also a small amount of material relating to Monhegan Island.
Alta G. Wallingford collection
This collection consists of clippings from the Herald of Freedom anti-slavery newspaper and a tax receipt.
Albert R. Amalfitano, D.O. collection
The Amalfitano collection includes an article entitled "Appendectomies Via Laparascope" from the New England Journal of Osteopathic Medicine, Fall 1978, a short autobiography including a list of doctors in Maine he has worked with over his career, and a cd of an interview conducted 27 October 2006.
Amy MacDonald collection
Includes reviews, publicity, interviews, and workshop publicity
Andrews, Dr. William D., President
Ann Beattie papers
Ann Franco collection
Includes published poetry and articles.
Ann S. Attwood papers
Includes original correspondence.
Ann S. Stephens collection
The majority of the collection material consists of Stephens' published works in periodicals of her time, including an 1859 open letter to Victor Hugo. Also included are one manuscript poem, a bibliography of her published pieces in The Ladies Companion, 1838-1839, and a piece combining biographical information and literary criticism of Ann Stephens written in 1880.
Anna Barrows papers
Anna Holt Henderson collection
Includes correspondence and an article.
Anna Scott Lougee collection
This collection includes the manuscript of "Music and Musicians of Maine," 23 holograph pages.
Anne Carroll Moore collection
Includes review and "Reading for Pleasure" book list.
Anne Hazlewood-Brady papers
- Maine Women Writers Collection 405
- New England Osteopathic Heritage Center 55
- Westbrook College History Collection 40
- Special Collections & Archives 5
- Sandra Featherman Archives 4
- Correspondence 206
- Clippings 186
- Photographs 121
- American poetry -- 20th century 98
- Ephemera 85
- Manuscripts 67
- Portland (Me.) 64
- Typescripts 57
- Obituaries 53
- Osteopathic Medicine -- History 48
- Osteopathic Medicine 46
- Facsimiles 36
- Diaries 34
- Scrapbooks 29
- Promotional materials 28
- Osteopathic Medicine -- Maine 27
- Maine 25
- Postcards 23
- Children's literature, American 20
- Pamphlets 18 + ∧ less
- University of New England (Me.). College of Osteopathic Medicine 11
- Westbrook Junior College 11
- Jewett, Sarah Orne, 1849-1909 9
- Maine Osteopathic Association 9
- Sarton, May, 1912-1995 9
- Westbrook College 8
- American Osteopathic Association 6
- Healy, Dorothy, 1914-1990 6
- New England Osteopathic Association 5
- Pettapiece, Carmen 5
- Wiggin, Kate Douglas Smith, 1856-1923 5
- Coatsworth, Elizabeth, 1893-1986 4
- Deborah Morton Society (University of New England) 4
- Massachusetts Osteopathic Hospital 4
- Millay, Edna St. Vincent, 1892-1950 4
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine 4
- Sweat, Margaret J. M. (Margaret Jane Mussey), 1823-1908 4
- Thaxter, Celia, 1835-1894 4
- University of New England (Me.) 4
- Bowdoin College 3 + ∧ less