Showing Collections: 181 - 210 of 524
Includes booklet of "State of Maine" poem by Rowell.
This collection contains an article about Turner and a bio sheet.
Includes published and unpublished poems, articles.
This collection includes correspondence from Georgiana to her husband and her mother-in-law, and from her husband when he was in the Maine Senate. There are several verse manuscripts, one of which ("Dirge") is signed by Georgiana Barrows. Also included are 2 sheets of music (one unsigned manuscript, one published piece of music by Edward Howe, Jr.) There are also several photographs, including one of Georgiana, her husband and children, taken circa 1890.
This collection consists of a biography of Sylvia Stanislaus written by Mills.
Collection consists of a series of letters from Yasuo Hashiguchi, Jewett scholar, to Gladys Hager, written in 1992 and related to discussion of Dorothy Healy.
Includes musical score and unpublished poetry.
Includes three collections of poems from Glenna Botting.
These papers are organized into two series. Series 1 consists of book manuscript material pertaining to Blackberry Season: A Time to Mourn, A Time to Heal, published in 1993 by LuraMedia. Included are drafts of essays and chapters, correspondence, worksheets, illustrations, revisions, proofs and printer’s mechanicals produced between 1983 and 2009. Series 2 consists of three folders of materials pertaining to other projects, including correspondence, clippings and memorabilia.
The collection of approximately a dozen files includes ephemera and one piece of correspondence related to Uncle Tom's Cabin, one tract by Stowe, 20th century published scholarship about her literary and personal life, two undated stereoscopic views possibly at her Florida residence and an undated photograph of the author. Also an extensive collection of her works published in magazines and newspapers.
This collection consists of the author's pieces published in late 19th and early 20th centuries magazines, biographical material, a pencil sketch of Spofford, and research about Spofford by scholars. Approximately one dozen periodicals containing over 40 of the author's works are housed in the periodical collection. Approximately two dozen books from the author's personal library, listed in folder 009, are also available.
This collection includes typescripts, correspondence, photographs, a 1905-1909 diary, and memorabilia. Also in collection are an 1812 math exercise book once belonging to her great-grandfather Elias Plimpton and a small sculpture of a mother duck and five ducklings made of metal with a slate base.
The collection includes 13 oil paintings (1 on canvas, 10 on board, 2 on paper), as well as 35 charcoal drawings (16 drawings on mat board). The subjects of the pieces are mostly people, some of whom appear to be African-American. Many of the portraits are painted or drawn in profile. There are also a few landscapes and still-life drawings. Some pieces are signed, and a few are dated.
- Maine Women Writers Collection 405
- New England Osteopathic Heritage Center 55
- Westbrook College History Collection 49
- Special Collections & Archives 5
- Sandra Featherman Archives 5
- Correspondence 206
- Clippings 186
- Photographs 121
- American poetry -- 20th century 98
- Ephemera 85
- Manuscripts 67
- Portland (Me.) 64
- Typescripts 57
- Obituaries 53
- Osteopathic Medicine -- History 48
- Osteopathic Medicine 46
- Facsimiles 36
- Diaries 34
- Scrapbooks 29
- Promotional materials 28
- Osteopathic Medicine -- Maine 27
- Maine 25
- Postcards 23
- Children's literature, American 20
- Pamphlets 18 + ∧ less
- University of New England (Me.). College of Osteopathic Medicine 11
- Westbrook Junior College 11
- Jewett, Sarah Orne, 1849-1909 9
- Maine Osteopathic Association 9
- Sarton, May, 1912-1995 9
- Westbrook College 8
- American Osteopathic Association 6
- Healy, Dorothy, 1914-1990 6
- New England Osteopathic Association 5
- Pettapiece, Carmen 5
- Wiggin, Kate Douglas Smith, 1856-1923 5
- Coatsworth, Elizabeth, 1893-1986 4
- Deborah Morton Society (University of New England) 4
- Massachusetts Osteopathic Hospital 4
- Millay, Edna St. Vincent, 1892-1950 4
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine 4
- Sweat, Margaret J. M. (Margaret Jane Mussey), 1823-1908 4
- Thaxter, Celia, 1835-1894 4
- University of New England (Me.) 4
- Barnes, Kate, 1932-2013 3 + ∧ less